Grab the Chance to Change

        Changing the world might seem like an insurmountable task, but I believe that’s because many people approach changing the world in the wrong way. They focus on trying to create wide-sweeping changes in the political and social structures around them. The problem is, these structures have been sturdy for so long that they are almost impossible to change.

        Once people realize that changing the world is difficult, they begin to give up on those dreams they had. They let those dreams wash away and replace them with “realistic” goals that other people give them. Maybe you’ve even experienced this yourself. Have you ever heard the following statements?

“Get realistic”

“Stop chasing a pipe dream”

“One person can’t make a difference, anyway”

Maybe you listened to them, and now here you are reading this blog.




        The truth is, it is possible to change the world. But to change the world, you have to change yourself first. You have to change your mentality, your habits, and your actions. It’s not easy changing yourself, but it’s necessary if you want to make a massive impact. Here are four steps that you can take today to change yourself positively and create a massive positive impact on the world.

 

I am no longer a cheater. I used to cheat on exams, but now I don't. I used to be a cheater, and then one day I realized that I was just cheating myself. I cheated myself of a future that was less than what I could have had if I hadn't cheated myself. It was an easy way out of a difficult situation, but it wasn't going to solve anything in the long run. I didn't want to learn how to do things the right way because it seemed like too much work at the time, so instead I chose to shortcut the process by cheating instead of working hard enough to achieve my goals. It was only after I stopped cheating and started working hard again did my life get better than it ever had been before.

I've been writing about the importance of learning from mistakes. It's a concept I've come to value in my life. I'm not sure when I first realized how important it is, but I do remember one day when we were having a conversation about something and he said something like, "That's not a mistake, that's an opportunity." It was at that moment that I realized how much we take for granted the ability to learn from our mistakes and use them as opportunities to improve ourselves.

 

Reference: Christopher Durr. May 30, 2018. Retrieved on May 22, 2023

https://hackernoon.com/if-you-want-to-change-the-world-first-change-yourself-four-steps-to-making-a-positive-impact-644aacc97be7

Nicola Middlemiss. Study links employee health to organizational change. (Jan.25, 2017). Retrieved on May 22, 2023.

https://www.hcamag.com/ca/news/general/study-links-employee-health-to-organizational-change/155038

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

121st Year

Who am I?

2nd to the last step