Kannawidan's Purpose

     Kannawidan is one of the most awaited event in Ilocos Sur. It is celebrated every January to February every year and everyone is excited for this celebration. But why do we celebrate Kannawidan? And what is its purpose?


      The real reason behind this festival is to promote the culture, traditions and products of the Ilocanos. We are also aware that the generations nowadays do not pay attention on our cultures and traditions any more, and that is also one of the reasons why we have this kind of festival, for young people to at least recognize our own traditions. 


     Allow me tell you more about this festival. There are plenty of  events that happens during the festival week such as street dancing, products and food trades, motor shows battle of the local bands and many more. There are also some famous filipino actors and actresses that come here every year to entertain the crowd. I enjoyed a lot when I visited the venue of this festival. I watched the battle of the bands, walked along the road where the Ilocano products were displayed and I also went to carnival! I saw the local products of every town in this province, and they are really pretty!


       This festival is just one of the most enjoyable festivals here in Ilocos Sur. I'm telling you, you don't wanna miss this event and the fun of it. So, what are you waiting for? Come and visit our province!:)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

121st Year

Who am I?

2nd to the last step